About the booking platform and booking appointments
Following registration, all patients will be sent an email giving access to our NHSPH booking app.
You can choose the date and time of your first appointment and after reading the biographies of the clinical team, you will be able to choose which clinician you would like to see. This means that you are able to ensure you will not accidentally book in with someone you know – personally or professionally.
Following your first appointment, you will be given access to book follow up appointments, therapy or group sessions as appropriate. The app also allows you to cancel and reschedule appointments to suit you.
Patients who have registered with the service and have yet to book their first appointment will be sent two reminders by email. Patients who do not engage will be discharged from the service. 4 weeks after your initial registration.
Use our apps or a computer
Accessing the booking platform for the first time
- You should receive a welcome email titled “Welcome to the NHS PH booking platform” to the email address you used to register for the service.
- To confirm your email address and create a password, please click on the blue LINK on the second line. Please note this link will be specific to your patient account.
- As soon as you've set your password, you will be able to log in using your email address and password you created.
- You can use our “match-me” feature to select a clinician/therapist of your choice. You should have been notified of the type of appointment you can book by our admin team or your clinician/therapist. This may be by text or email.
Please note that you will only be able to book an appointment for the type of treatment you have been allocated – it will usually be an initial assessment or a first therapy appointment.
What if I can’t find the welcome email?
If you can’t find your email you can go to the login page https://app.practitionerhealth.nhs.uk/ enter your email address and select “Forgotten password” and follow the instructions on the screen.
Booking an appointment
The booking app is really simple to use:
- Click ‘Book Appointment’ and then ‘Match Me’ to see available clinicians (or therapists if you have been referred for this following assessment).
- Select your type of treatment. It is important that you ONLY select the right type of appointment, this will have been notified to you by admin or your clinician.
- Select any preferences you may have for your appointment’s days and times, (all are selected automatically), your clinicians/therapist’s gender and the mode in which you wish to be seen (Video or Voice). Please note the more preferences you select will limit the available options so if you do not have preferences leave these blank.
- Select ‘Match Me’.
- You can view the available clinicians/therapists’ profiles by clicking on them. All of our clinicians/therapists are appropriately qualified and registered with their professional bodies.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Clinicians/Therapist's profile and click on an available appointment slot that suits your needs.
- Click ‘Proceed to Booking Basket’ once you have selected the appointment that you want.
- Select ‘Appointment Type’ choosing the video or voice option then click ‘Confirm'.
- Thereafter your chosen clinician/therapist should always show at the top of the selection screen when you book another appointment
If you are having trouble selecting a clinician/therapist or cannot find availability, please contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact our Admin Team on 0300 030 3300.
Attending video and voice appointments
- Your appointment will take place via the Practitioner Health booking platform which you can access via your desktop or mobile device at the time of the appointment. You will then see a message saying “Incoming call”. Press “Start” to start the call.
- Occasionally your clinician will contact you prior to your appointment by email with a link to your virtual appointment
If you do not hear from your clinician at the time of your appointment or cannot attend
- If you do not hear from your clinician at the time of your appointment, please feel free to contact your clinician directly or alternatively the Admin Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0300 030 3300.
- If you are unable to attend an appointment, please cancel using the NHS booking platform as soon as possible. Please note that cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will count towards your authorised sessions.
We have created a useful handbook; a step-by-step guide for using the new booking platform. You can access it HERE.
Standards and Ethics
The first thing you should know is the booking app platform is designed to provide the most secure and confidential service to our users. Our clinicians and therapists follow their recognised professional bodies code of ethics and their professional qualifications and insurance have been thoroughly checked by NHS Practitioner Health.
If you would like further information and you cannot find it here or in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page please email us at email@example.com or telephone 0300 0303 300 and we will get back to you.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.