Help With Mental Health Conditions
The service will help with:
- Common and more complex mental health conditions
- Mental health conditions relating to a physical health issue
- Substance misuse including support for community detoxification
- Rehabilitation and support to return to work after a period of mental ill-health
Access: The service can be accessed by any doctor or dentist (including trainees) who is registered on the National Performers List in England. People may also want to access the service when they are looking to return to clinical practice after a period of absence.
The service is self-referral and you can access the service here:
Please note the service is not for emergency or crisis issues. These should be directed to mainstream NHS.
Practitioner Health Service
- Is not an occupational health service, it is a treatment service. Clinicians within PHS may however link with local OH services to support a doctor/ dentist’s return to clinical practice. If specific OH support is what you need, please contact the NHS England regional team to identify your local OH provider.
- Is not a replacement for mainstream NHS services, nor is it designed to offer a second opinion. Doctors and dentists who are currently supported by NHS mental health services would be encouraged to remain with their local treatment team, but could seek guidance on particular aspects of care, or support for return to work.
- Can offer independent support to doctors and dentists who are undergoing performance proceedings, but it cannot be used to provide health reports to inform PAGs or PLDPs. Formal assessment of health issues should be commissioned from a separate organisation.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.