The Welsh deanery has a professional support unit which is open to doctors and dentists in training in Wales only. They offer:
- Run workshops for trainers (consultants and SpRs) to identify trainees in difficulty
- Run workshops for trainees exploring how to maximise potential and avoid getting into difficulty. Participants explore signs and triggers of progression issues; learn of the support which is available as well as some helpful hints toward successful progression through training.
- Online resources on time management, financial hardship (including bursary availabilities in wales), social media guidance, introduction to concept mapping and guidance on improving handwriting
- Referral of trainee (either self-referral or via supervisor) for 1:1 support in careers or in preventing escalation of difficulties
- Supernumerary project for refugee doctors offering an intensive induction programme prior to starting work in the NHS (covers topics such as an introduction to NHS structures; the role of regulatory and other bodies including the GMC, Health Boards, Royal Colleges & NCAS; duties of a doctor as set out in GMC Good Medical Practice; an outline of medical training in the UK; cultural and ethical issues in the UK that affect medical practice; the opportunity to sit in and observe in a particular setting to enable the doctor to achieve a greater understanding of the requirements of a doctor working in that setting; communication and consultation skills; Hospital at Night; taking bloods, completing forms & pharmacy; portfolios and requirements to maintain CPD; appraisals and revalidation requirements; performance management; careers guidance and equality and diversity training)
Contact: 029 2068 7411 / 7417 or 03300584211/ 212/ 213
NHS and social care staff support in Wales
Canopi offers a free, confidential service that provides NHS and social care staff in Wales with access to various levels of mental health support. Canopi offers self-help, guided self-help, peer support, and virtual face-to-face therapies with accredited specialists.
Please follow the link for more information Click here
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.